CRCNA - Local News
Announcements for November 28th
- GROUNDWORK - The Who of Christmas: This week we continue our Advent preparations by digging into the first part of Matthew 1–Jesus’ family tree. Can we learn anything about Christ from a list of names? Tune in to the Dec. 5 Groundwork program – find a local radio station or listen online at www.GroundworkOnline.com.
- KIDS CORNER - A Hero Returns (Heroes 6): Liz set out on an adventure to become a true hero, but now it’s time to go home. Check out Liz’s homecoming on this week’s Kids Corner. Kids Corner is a member of the HisKids.net alliance--working together to provide quality entertainment for kids that is Christ-centered and Bible-based. Visit HisKids.net to find great Christian programs and music for kids.
- FAITH ALIVE - Experience God’s presence every day: Andrew Kuyvenhoven’s classic devotional "Daylight" helps you start your day with God. An inspiring and encouraging gift—now 30% off! Visit www.FaithAliveResources.org/Gift or call 1-800-333-8300.
- GLOBAL MISSIONS WEBINAR - "God or Allah?" - Join us for a lively webinar about the similarities and differences between Christianity and Islam. Led by Bill Thornburg from Christian Reformed World Missions, it will be held on Dec. 1 at noon (EST) as a followup to the "Ministry to Muslims" webinar held earlier this year. To watch a recording of the earlier session and to register for this upcoming event, visit www.crcna.org/MissionWebinars
- Socially Networking the CRC - Have you ever said "I wonder how other churches do this?" Well, now you can find out. In February, the CRC launched The Network - a pioneering effort to connect churches and individuals about ministry. Since then, we've seen thousands of posts across 50 different areas of local church ministry. People are asking questions, comparing notes, and helping each other. Join us at www.crcna.org/Network where you can browse the discussion and sign up for email alerts by topic.
- POSITION OPENING Director of Safe Church Ministry - The Christian Reformed Church in North America is seeking a new Director of Safe Church Ministry based in Grand Rapids, MI. This position will provide leadership and assistance in helping churches become aware of the dynamics of abuse, reduce the risk of abuse occurring within the church and to respond justly, effectively, and compassionately when an incident of abuse arises. For a detailed position description visit www.crcna.org/pages/opportunities.cfm by Jan. 20.
- FREE Advent E-Devotions from CRWRC and OSJ - Fill your heart with hope as you pray, await, and celebrate Jesus' birth this Christmas using "Give Hope," devotions written by justice and development workers around the world. You will receive a daily email with suggested scripture, meditation, and prayer. Subscribe today at http://crcna.org/pages/osj_adventdevotions.cfm.
- DIACONAL MINISTRIES CANADA - Do you place conditions on your willingness to extend God’s love? When the Tamil refugees from Sri Lanka landed on Canada’s west coast last August, how did you respond? Read the latest issue of Partners at www.diaconalministries.com to examine how the conditions we place on extending God’s love undermines our ability to respond to God’s call to do justice.
- CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS - Join us for a sing-a-long concert featuring The Liberation Choir and Calvin Christian School’s Children’s Choir on Dec.11at 7p.m. at Redeemer University College in Ancaster, Ontario. Admission is free and there will be a free-will offering for the ministry of Worldwide Christian Schools. Refreshments will be provided at intermission. Contact us at email@example.com or 905-387-9927 if you have questions.
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT - Strings, Etc! (Hamilton and Area Youth Choirs and Orchestras Association), presents a Christmas concert Ancaster Christian Reformed Church at 70 Garner Road East on Dec.13 at 7p.m. Leslie Kent and Dr. Christiaan Teeuwsen direct the younger choirs, Sonia Reid the highschool choir, and we welcome Rob Bonefaas who directs the Harmony orchestra. Strings is an after school music program that meets on Mondays at Ancaster CRC. Please visit www.strings-etc.org for more information.